- Grape variety: Muscat rose
- Category: semi sweet rose wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Vale
- Vineyard age: 17 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 200 m
- Vineyard orientation: south
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone rocks, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual selection of grapes,
cryo maceration 4-5 h, pressing, fermentation
- Aging: inox
- Alcohol content: 13,0 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,9 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 54 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,5 l
- Serving temperature: 8 °C
The colour is pale ruby red. On the nose wine is aromatic, quite intense, youthful, floral and grapey with touch of small ripe red fruits such as raspberry, strawberry. It has 13% but it feels light and lively with medium acidities, lovely freshness and some Mediterranean warmth. Nicely persistent with good fruity and floral aftertaste. Joyful and entertaining.
Try with fruit salads or fruit based ice creams. Has enough grip to pair with fruit cakes as well.
Youth is the trump here so we better finish it sooner than later. Drink from 2016-2018.