- Grape variety: 80% Istrian Malvasia,
20% Sauvignon Blanc
- Category: Dry white wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Vale
- Vineyard age: 8 – 33 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 200 m
- Vineyard orientation: south, southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual selection of grapes,
cryo maceration 12-24 h, pressing, fermentation
- Aging: inox 5 months
- Alcohol by volume: 12,5 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,9 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 2,1 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,75 l
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C
Valle is a blend of Malvasia Istriana and Sauvignon Blanc with the former giving body and texture and later giving verticality, freshness and aromatic complexity. Valle 2016 shows pale lemon colour. Nose is very youthful of medium intensity showing plenty of primary aromas such as white peaches, white flowers and touch of grassy, vegetal notes displaying lots of freshness. On the palate it is completely dry, light with medium acidity levels, showing very good intensity on the palate bringing in some saltines to a rather complex character. For sure, this vintage is fresher and more vertical than 2015. Nice salty finish which cleans the palate and ask for another sip.
Combining with food:
This a classic aperitif wine. It will find perfect company with all kind of salads, vegetables, risotto with asparagus all kind of cold dishes including seafood. Great also as a wine by glass in a good restaurant or wine bar. A classic summer wine.
Best from 2017. to 2019.