- Grape variety: Istrian Malvasia
- Category: dry white wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: single vineyard Santa Lucia
- Vineyard age: planted in 1962
- Altitude of vineyard: 240 m
- Vineyard orientation: southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone rocks, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual grape selection,
cryo maceration 5-6 days, pressing, fermentation
- Aging: 8 months in small acacia barrique 225 l
- Maturation in bottles: two years
- Alcohol content: 15,3 %vol
- Total acidity: 4,8 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 2,6 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,75 l
- Serving temperature: 12-13 °C
Dark yellow wine with numerous nuances of gold. Very intense smell in which the spicy tones of anise intertwine with attractive flowery hints of acacia flower, aroma of fresh apples and ripe pears and sweet apricot tones. The wine must be served at a slightly higher temperature than usual, at which the luxurious aromas are at their best. The taste is exceptionally full and strong, but owing to its very high extract and intensive minerality, it carries its body very nicely. Without the slightest hint of oiliness or butterishness. As in many of our other wines, minerality is the most important element of taste. It carries freshness from the beginning, giving long-duration in the middle and at the end. Attractive deliciousness appears at the end, extending into aftertaste lasting a full minute after tasting.
Combining with food:
Veal shank, veal risotto, white meat in onion-based sauces, stronger pasta (not with red sauces though), fried fish with potatoes and rosemary.
best between 2013 – 2021
- Best aged wine: "Vinistra" / 2011.
- Gold medal: "World of malvazija" / 2011.
- Silver medalja: "Decanter World Wine Awards " / 2012.