- Grape variety: Merlot 50%,
Cabernet Sauvignon 30%, Teran 20%
- Category: dry red wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: single vineyard Santa Lucia
- Age of vineyard: 9 - 11 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 240 m
- Vineyard orientation: southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual grape selection, fermentation, pressing
- Aging: barrique 18 months, inox 12 months
- Maturation in bottles: 24 months
- Alcohol by volume: 14,0 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,9 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 2,3 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,75l
- Serving temperature: 18 °C
Santa Lucia red is our "super Istrian", produced from local (Teran) and international (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon) grapes growing in our Santa Lucia vineyard. A formula for a success. The colour is very deep ruby, a rather expected sight when Cabernet and Teran are taken in. It is quite intense on the nose showing development and gamey, leathery, spicy notes with undergrowth, black fruits, forest flor. Dry on the palate with fuller body and plenty of acidities. Tannins are firm and ripe. Certainly warm, but showing Istrian freshness.
Combining with food:
No brainer with steaks, game and matured hard cheeses.
Still very young. Best from 2018-2025.