- Grape variety: Muscat Momiano
- Category: desert wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Vale
- Vineyard age: 5 – 30 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 200 m
- Vineyard orientation: south
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested : by hand
- Vinification: selected grapes, dried till December.
Pressing. Fermentation in inox throughout winter.
- Aging: 2 years in inox and 2 years in bottle
- Alcohol by volume: 15,0 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,7 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 106,0 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,5 l
- Serving temperature: 8 °C
Clear and deep yellow colour. Pleasant and intensive Muscat scent with floral notes of white and yellow flowers intertwined with candied citrus fruit, white chocolate, apple pie, orange peel and dried apricots. Sweet on the palate with some mild spices and good acidity enabling right balance, length and complexity joined with sweetness. In contact with the air wine develops additional aromas of the meadow honey and sort-of-pollen texture. Traces of botrytis in the aftertaste with a pleasurable bitterness add to complexity in after-taste. Wine is already in the top condition but its best time comes – in few years, with complete development of tertiary aromas, it will express the full potential.
Combining with food:
Medium hard and smoked cow cheeses, good mold cheeses, hard sheep cheese, crème Brule, ice cream, dry cookies, nuts.
Best from 2016 to 2026