Malvazija JRE which is a joined product of top chefs from Jeunes Restaurateurs Croatia (JRE) and winemaker Franco Kozlović shows medium to golden colour with shiny brilliance. Medium intense on the nose, with hints of peaches. At the back, white flowers such as acacia and freshness in the form of citrusy fruits are present. Very nice and polished. Touch of honey feels like a “fil rouge”. Very dry on the palate with surprising levels of freshness and vibrant acidities, creamy texture, and fuller body. Quite intense on the nose, medium to full bodied. Rich on the palate but at the same time elegant, with opulent intensity, and longlasting aftertaste.
Limited edition of Malvazija from Santa Lucia vineyard is a result of a collaborative project between 15 JRE chefs and winemaker Gianfranco Kozlović. Their goal was to create a gourmet wine that will be exclusively served in JRE restaurants and the Kozlović winery. The wine has a specially developed double label that is certificated with handwritten serial number and the signature of the winemaker.
150,00 kn Send inquiry
JRE Malvazija 2017
Grape variety: malvazija istriana
- Category: dry white wines
- Wine growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Santa Lucia
- Vineyard age: JRE vines planted on April 18th, 2016. Old vines dating from 1961.
- Altitude of vineyard: 240 m
- Vineyard orientation: south, southwest
- Soil composition: flish, limestone, clay
- Harvested: manually
- Vinification: manual selection of the best grapes
- Aging: Macerated for 2 days (23-24.09.2017) at 15°C. Fermented in Slavonian and French oak casks.
- Alcohol by volume: 13,0 % vol
- Total acidity: 5,5 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 1,9 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,75 l
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C
This is a perfect gastronomic wine being able to pair with diverse number of dishes. With its salinity, and clear-cut finish, it is a perfect match with grilled fish, grilled scallops, grilled shrimps, roasted chicken.
Best to enjoy it from 2021 to 2026.