The colour of Malvazija vintage 2021 is bright, pale lemon. On the nose it is open, youthful, very floral, with fruitiness in the second plan, leaving the perception of great refinement and pureness. Aromatic profile is enriched with orange peel, orange blossom, lemon, lime, touch of apricots, not imposing, but present in a lovely way. It is very dry on the palate, medium bodied with a refreshing acidity, while remaining truly Mediterranean in its essence. Bit of sharpness and bitterish builds up to the floral and fruity complexity. It is persistent and gives an inviting, pure flavour intensity. Finish brings a salty, tangy quality and longish, very pleasant aftertaste which cleans the palate and asks for another sip. Harvest 2021 is indeed a quintessential example of fresh Malvazija Istriana.
Classic and the best-seller of the house. Gentle and subtle on the nose. Fruity and savoury on the palate, with distinctive varietal character and great finish. Elegant, harmonious, and young, with medium body and fine freshness, it will accompany fish, white meat as well as pasta with light sauces.
180,00 kn Send inquiry
Malvazija Magnum 2021
Grape variety: malvazija istriana
- Category: dry white wines
- Wine growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Valle, Santa Lucia, Contarini
- Vineyard age: 15 – 60 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 200-240 m
- Vineyard orientation: south, southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual grape selection, cryo maceration 12-24 h, pressing, fermentation.
- Aging: inox 7 months
- Alcohol by volume: 13,5 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,5 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 2,0 g/l
- Bottle size: 1,5 l
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C
Generally speaking, a very friendly food wine. It is no brainer with local, Istrian seafood, white fish and risotto. It will also go nicely with poultry and lightly spiced Asian dishes or even paella.
Enjoy it while young. Best to drink within 3 years after release.
- Silver medal: "Decanter" / 2021
- Gold medal “Vinistra” / 2020