The colour is bright, pale lemon. Youthful on the nose, with obvious Muscat note, though not too intense, but rather delicate for the variety. Very pure, very fine, with touch of lemon and white flowers on top of Muscat grapes. There is some ripeness reminiscent of dried apricots. Bone-dry on the palate. This could be a surprise if one is judging the flavour upon scent, expecting a sweet wine. In the mouth Muscat note is giving its way to a salty, savoury taste, making it very much food friendly. It has light to medium body; thus Muscat dry makes a beautiful wine by glass, dominated with finely balanced acidity and good persistence.
Bone-dry and filigree precise wine, it excels with clean character of Muscat grapes on the nose. Medium body and streamlined, it blooms in your mouth in all its cheerful fullness. Superb aperitif. Available xclusively at our vinery.
90,00 kn Send inquiry
Momjan muscat dry 2020
Grape variety: momjan muscat
- Category: dry white wines
- Wine-growing hills: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Vale
- Vineyard age: 13-39 years
- Vineyard height above sea level: 200 m
- Vineyard orientation: south
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone rocks, clay
- Harvesting: manual
- Ageing: stainless steel 7 months
- Aged in bottles: several months
- Alcohol content: 12,5% vol
- Total acidity: 5,8 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 3,0 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,75 l
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C
For sure this is a lovely aperitif which will nicely match cold appetisers based on white fish. Also marinated white fish, light dishes with strong vegetal flavours and white meats with summer herbs such as fresh basil, parsley and celery leaves.
Ideal to enjoy while young due to lovely primary aromas, but will be in a great shape for 2-3 years more.