Santa Lucia White is 100% Malvasia Istriana from a single vineyard Santa Lucia. If our regular Malvasia is our most known wine, then Santa Lucia is the wine where we are determined to show the sheer potential of our beloved Istrian treasure –Malvazija grape - its heights, its beauty. A wine with potential for ageing for at least a decade. In 2016 we have changed the style steering towards a fresher, leaner style It shows bright, pale golden colour. It is quite pronounced on the nose, still youthful with a nicely interlaced scent of ripe and dried apricots, lime, grapefruit. Dry on the palate, medium bodied with moderate levels of acidity, but plenty of freshness. It possesses salty, intense fruit character which ends in a long aftertaste. What we really like about this one is the tension, nervousness which constantly interacts with the palate and keeps your senses perpetually busy.
Malvazija Istriana from the location of Santa Lucia (1961). Aged for 12 months in a big oak barrel. Distinctive varietal character, elegant and mature fruitiness and savoury minerality. Wine for connoisseurs with the potential of ageing for more than 10 years.
Santa Lucia Malvazija 2016
Grape variety: malvazija istriana
- Category: semi dry white wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: single vineyard Santa Lucia
- Age of vineyard: planted in 1962
- Altitude of vineyard: 240 m
- Vineyard orientation: southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual grape selection, cryo maceration 5-6 days, pressing, fermentation
- Aging: in wooden barrels 32 hl for 12 months, 3 months in inox
- Maturation in bottles: 1 years
- Alcohol by volume: 14,0% vol
- Total acidity: 5,6 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 2,2 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,75l
- Serving temperature: 12°C
Fish with creamy sauces, grilled Saint-Jacques, mushroom risotto, pasta with rich sauces and many, many other, mainly warm dishes.
Still young. Ageing potential till 2026.
- Silver medal: "International wine challenge" / 2020
- Silver medal: "Decanter" / 2020
- Silver medal: "Concours Mondial de Bruelles CMB" / 2020
- Bronze medal: "Wine expo Poland awards" / 2019