It displays deep golden colour with amber hues. On the nose it shows maturity and class. Very fine and truly elegant. Floral, honeyed, with notes of dried apricots and peaches. There is touch of caramel, yeast and butter well-knitted in the aroma. Dry on the palate, full bodied with moderate acidities and oily texture. Alike many fine wines, this Malvazija speaks more intensively when in the mouth, conquering the palate with its long-lasting sensations and multi-layered structure. On the palate we discover fine tasty salinity and the whole pack of aromas converges in one single and united sensation that keeps you busy for quite a while. A very fine example of a matured and macerated Malvazija Istriana.
Like the name of the label says (“Po mojen” means “as I like ti”) this wine sends a message what type of Malvazija winemaker loves the best: macerated in large oak casks for 9 months, elegant, subtle on the nouse, but full-bodied and complex in the mouth. Savoury saltiness and long-lasting flavor make it a true friend to dishes made with rich creamy sauces.
262,50 kn Send inquiry
Santa Lucia Malvazija Po mojen 2015
Grape variety: 100 % malvazia istriana
- Category: dry wine
- Wine growing area: Hrvatska Istra
- Vineyard: Santa Lucia
- Vineyard age: planted in 1961
- Altitude of vineyard: 240m
- Vineyard orientation: southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: manual
- Vinification: manual grape selection. Fermentation 40 days. Maceration in large wooden casks 9 months. Inox 3 months.
- Aging: 4 years in inox
- Alcohol by volume: 14,6 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,0 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 2,7 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,75 l
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C
Fish with creamy sauces, grilled Saint-Jacques, mushroom risotto, pasta with rich sauces and many, many other, mainly warm dishes.
Wine for wine connoisseurs, with aging potential till 2030.