The colour is clear, pale lemon. Medium intense on the nose, showing obvious youthful aroma and purity of Momjan Muscat grape. Wonderfully ripe, showing opulent notes of peaches and apricots. Bit of spicy nutmeg, ripe yellow fruits, dried apricots, and some gentle floral qualities are accompanying this very fine muscat aroma. On the palate attractive sweetness, with just enough of acidity to balance the richness. It is light bodied and plentiful of a true muscat character which will please the fans of this aromatic variety. A lovely, persisting muscat character lingering on the palate is finishing in a juicy and memorable aftertaste. Indeed, here we have a true classic of the pure medium sweet Momjan Muscat marked with Designated Protection of Origin (DPO) guarantee.
Aroma of Muscat grapes, refreshing crispness and lovely sweetness make a dream team, and you simply want to take another sip! Momjan Muscat PDO is straightforward and finely defined semi-sweet wine which will perfectly pair cheeses and sweets made from yellow fruit.
85,00 kn Send inquiry
Momjan muscat semi-sweet 2021
Grape variety: momjan muscat, PDO (Protected Designation of Origin)
- Category: semi-sweet white wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Vale
- Vineyard age: 11-38 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 200 m
- Vineyard orientation: south
- Soil composition: flysch, grey rocks, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual selection of grapes, cryo maceration 2-3 days, pressing, interrupted fermentation with cooling
- Aging: inox
- Alcohol content: 12,0 %vol
- Total acidity: 6,3 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 41,2 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,5 l
- Serving temperature: 8 °C
Perfect on its own at the end of the meal. Try also with fruit salads made of peaches, and other juicy yellow fruits or with ice cream.
Best to drink young, savouring its primary fruit aromas, but it will give pleasure for 2-3 more years. Drink from 2022-2025.